Thursday, July 19, 2012

WALK, BIKE AND LIFT

Once inside the fitness center, I did six weight machines, pedaled five-miles on the indoor recumbent bike, and then did six more weight machines before heading home.

Also, because I’m considering signing up for a January 5K running/walking event in Walt Disney World, I wanted to see if I could still maintain a 16-minute walk pace for at least 2 miles. Disney World requires all runners and walkers to maintain at least a 16-minute pace otherwise they may pull you off the course. Cruel, but true!

Anyhow, I had no difficulty this morning walking that distance while maintaining the required pace. And I didn’t even push it! Considering that I have a slightly torn ACL in my left knee, plus spinal stenosis, I am well pleased that this old body can still function well enough to participate in some type of athletic event in Disney World.

So, Mickey and Minnie, it looks like I’ll be visiting you January of 2013. I hear that you both will be on the course. And please don’t forget, because my lady and I have season passes, I’ll also see you in the theme parks.

Bye for now…

No comments:

Post a Comment