Monday, July 2, 2012

MONDAY COFFEE SHOP RIDE

After riding around the shopping mall for 5.41 miles, riding alongside my wife while she ran, I met up with four of my cycling buddies at our usual meet-up spot.

Other than Sandy S and I pulling away from the group on the way to the coffee shop, beating them to the coffee shop by eleven minutes, there’s not a whole lot I can say about this morning’s routine ride. It was rather warm out, but that comes with living in the sub-tropics.

This was my 23rd day in a row cycling. I’ve set a tentative goal of 60 days, the approximate amount of days that it would take me to bike across the United States of America - considering my current cycling ability.

Note:  One of the shortest cycling distances across America runs from San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL. Cycling 52 miles per day, it would take 60 days to make the 3,100 mile trip.  This most certainly is doable.  

Today’s Stats
Distance: 24.75 miles
Time: 1:46:44
Average Speed: 14 mph
Calories Burned: 590
Average Heart-rate: 116
Elevation Gain: 159 feet

No comments:

Post a Comment