Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DAY TWO ON THE RECUMBENT

When you wake in the morning and hear distant thunder, that’s a reliable hint not to air-up your bike’s tires. Such was the case this morning when all the guys and me sensibly cancelled our Wednesday coffee-shop ride.

In our much-anticipated ride’s place, again I had to drive to the fitness center and straddle that abominable stationary recumbent-bike. The indoor contraption wouldn’t be so bad if the gym goers were not so obstinate about keeping the ceiling fans off. WTF!

When outdoors on my road bike, I generate my own wind. When inside the gym, I have to depend on the fans. If the fans are off, all of my body heat stays within my body’s boundaries, making me a very unhappy, over-heated camper – hence the short ride of only eight-miles.

After finishing my ride and then jumping off the Stairmaster recumbent, I did a few resistance machines out of frustration. Hey, if I can’t ride, I may as well get buffed – like that’ll ever happen. LOL

My next exercise is to cook myself a breakfast consisting of two eggs, toaster waffles with walnuts, blueberries and maple syrup, turkey bacon and a large glass of Florida orange juice. After I feed the cats, that is!

Y’all have a wonderful day!

RIDE STATS
Distance: 8 (hot) miles
Time: 00:30:19
Average Pace: 15.8 mph
Average HR: 98 (I wore the chest strap)
32nd consecutive day riding

No comments:

Post a Comment