Tuesday, July 17, 2012

TUESDAY’S WORKOUT

My plan to bike outdoors was again thwarted by a vicious line of thunder storms coming in from the southeast. The rain wasn’t my main concern, though. My chief concern was the lightning strikes that accompanied the incoming, ominous-looking dark clouds.

So in the place of outdoor cycling, once again I straddled the fitness center’s Stairmaster recumbent bike – the one that was directly underneath the fast-moving ceiling fan.  I love those ceiling fans!

To say that cycling on that contraption today was boring would be a gross understatement. With the gym being nearly empty of humanoids, all I could do was stare out the large plate glass windows at the swaying palm trees and multiple raindrops hitting the surface of the lake.

Regularly full of ducks, the lake, too, was void of wildlife. That may sound like I'm comparing wildlife with humans, but I'm not!  Or am I?  Come to think about it, based on the morning, noon and evening news, wildlife may be a fitting description for humans.

Anyway, for my 38th cycling day-in-a-row, I managed 15.01 miles on the stationary recumbent bike using the method of one fast mile and then one slower recovery mile – resulting in an overall snail pace of 15 mph – and that included pushing the last two minutes at 20 mph.

I sure do hope I can get outdoors tomorrow morning for a REAL ride.

Earlier today, my wife and I walked 2.24 miles at a moderate pace – plus – we worked out on most of the gym’s upper-body and lower-body resistance machines. It was a beautiful morning for a walk and the gym wasn’t too crowded.  Very productive day!

Ride via Android Fit:

No comments:

Post a Comment