Saturday, July 14, 2012

STATIONARY RECUMBENT

With a metric century on my immediate agenda, like tomorrow morning beginning at 7 AM, I couldn’t see any sense in going outdoors this morning for a bike ride of any distance. 

That being as it is, my wife and I walked to our fitness center this morning, which is a whopping ¾ of a mile from our front door, and then did some weights and a stationary bike. She continued with the weight machines while I logged a short ride of only five-miles at what could be comparable to a snail’s pace.

And much to my surprise, the gym goers had some of the ceiling fans whirling away. I’m not joking! One of them was directly overhead from my stationary recumbent. It was sweltering and windy outdoors, but quite pleasant on that indoor recumbent.

Tomorrow’s metric century, by the way, will be along A1A in beautiful Palm Beach County. Tomorrow’s forecast is for strong winds from the east (ocean), scattered showers, and hot, hot, hot temps. No problem, that’s what I train in.

No comments:

Post a Comment