Saturday, July 21, 2012

EASY DAY IN THE SADDLE AND ON THE ROAD

The heat and humidity has been absolutely brutal these past few days in South Florida, plus today is my 42nd day-in-a-row cycling and working out in some manner. That being the case, it was imperative that I held off on today’s workout, keeping the stationary cycling to a minimum and simply doing a maintenance work-out on the resistance machines.

On top of cycling for 3.3 miles on the stationary bike, and then working out on most of the weight machines, my wife and I leisurely walked 5 kilometers around our neighborhood. During most of our walk, the clouds shielded us from the morning sun. It only became uncomfortably hot during the last kilometer, at which time the westerly moving clouds no longer shielded us from the sun’s rays.

All in all, a nice workout made even nicer because my wife was with me.

Walk via Garmin Fit (Android)

No comments:

Post a Comment