Tuesday, July 31, 2012

ENJOYABLE PARK RIDE WITH MY WIFE

I don’t necessarily bike for exercise. Apart from the exercise that I do naturally gain when cycling, I mainly ride a bike because I love the outdoors, the smells, the scenery, and yes, even some of the populace. I need to emphasize “some,” for many of them obviously delight in being overly aggressive when in their motorized cocoons. I could easily solve that issue by installing a 50 caliber on my bike’s handle bar, right next to my Garmin Edge 500. Maybe the Garmin could register the hits and misses!

This morning’s ride was one of those rides where I truly enjoyed being in the great outdoors. Seeing as though my lovely wife rode along with me from start to finish, I will rate today’s ride a 10 out of a possible 10, even though most of the ride was accomplished by riding around in circles until 20 miles showed up on our Garmin devices.

Starting out with the temp right around 82F, and never going above 85 degrees, the weather was on our side this morning. A very slight breeze made it ever more pleasant.

Part of our riding discussion was focused on future bike rides that we have planned in the central portion of our beautiful state, all three of them – plus – we discussed extending our training rides to other parts of our county, like outside the confines of the park and onto some of the safer roads. 

The park’s geese, I’m sure, would miss us.

RIDE STATS:
My 52nd cycling day-in-a-row
Distance: 20.56 miles
Moving Time: 01:46:16
Average/Max Speed: 11.6/16.8mph
Average/Max HR: 95/109
Elevation Gain: 70 feet (Must be the speed bumps)
Calories Burned: 405

No comments:

Post a Comment