Tuesday, July 24, 2012

PARK RIDE WITH WIFE

I would like to have gone 45-miles on my 45th day-in-a-row cycling, but recording 36 cycling miles with my remarkable wife in the park was far better than doing 45 miles by my lonesome.

Starting off just fifteen minutes after the morning sun made its appearance in the eastern sky, we shoved off from our gated community with no distance goal in mind. I was thinking somewhere around 30 miles, but didn’t want to convey my imagined goal to my already tired wife. I planned on seeing how it went after the first few times around the park’s circular road.

I kept the pace relatively slow the entire ride, mostly because my wife was feeling below par. I believe most of her problem was that she failed to eat prior to the ride. Waking at 6:20 a.m. and then shoving off on a bike at 7:00 a.m. isn’t exactly conducive for an energetic ride. I was up at 4:30 a.m., did some computing, had two cups of coffee, ate a large cherry turnover and then downed a large glass of (Florida) orange juice. I was ready to ride!

Anyway, my wife did just fine, plus she set a new distance PR in the process. I’m very proud and pleased with her cycling development as well as her running accomplishments.

My wife is one in a million, and I’m delighted that she said “YES” 27 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment