Monday, July 30, 2012

OVER 51 MILES ON DAY 51

Two Geese heading for the lake
After consuming 144 ounces of fluid from start to finish, one coffee and one everything bagel with cream cheese at Einstein’s Bagel Shoppe, one protein bar while sitting on a park bench, I managed to ride my bike 85 kilometers/52.8 miles in temps averaging 91.3F. Had I packed additional sunscreen, I would have continued on for another 15 kilometers, making it a metric century.

The first 3 ½ miles was at a 10 mph pace riding around the mall parking lot. My wife did not run this morning, so I got to keep all of my water. The next 27 miles, I rode with Ed, Tom and Sandy at a moderately comfortable pace, a pace that I would safely say was a recovery pace after yesterday’s exhausting pedal-fest with the bike club.

Where I ate my protein bar
This morning’s ride was a training ride in preparation for Tour of Sebring’s back to back metrics that takes place in South Central Florida four weeks and five days from now. We will also have an option of riding 100 miles the second day instead of a metric - plus a 34 miler the third day. I cannot imagine riding double what I did today in temps that promise to be higher than what I faced today – with countless rolling hills. It’ll be a starting line decision.


RIDE STATS:
51st Cycling day-in-a-row
Distance: 52.8 miles/84.94 kilometers
Moving Time: 04:01:47
Average/Max Speed: 13.1 mph/22.3 mph
Average/Max HR: 113/139
Elevation Gain: 203 feet
Calories Burned: 3042
Average Temperature: 91.3 degrees

No comments:

Post a Comment