Saturday, July 7, 2012

CLUB EXPERIENCED BIKE RIDE

This morning’s bike ride was my 28th day-in-a-row on a bike. That’s four full weeks of getting up in the morning and then hopping on my road bikes for a morning ride. I love it!

Having a couple of options this morning, I chose to ride with our cycling club’s experienced group, which maintains speeds between 16-18+ mph. There are lots of nice people in this group, all leaning towards safety rather than extreme speeds.

We had what I consider a perfect number of riders this morning – 10 bikes and 11 riders. You guessed it; one bike was a tandem recumbent.

The club ride itself was exactly 30 miles at an average pace of 16 mph. However, instead of putting my bike on a car rack to get to the meet-up place, I rode my bike 6 additional miles on sidewalks at a measly pace of 7 mph, which drops my overall pace to 14.7. No big deal. I’m just sayin’.

RIDE STATS INCLUDING SIDEWALK:
Distance: 35.47 miles or 57.08 kilometers
Time: 02:25:09
Overall Pace: 14.7 mph or 23.66 k/h
Calories Burned: 823
Average Heart-Rate: 117
Elevation Gain: 68 feet
87 degrees, felt like 95 degrees

No comments:

Post a Comment