Saturday, July 28, 2012

SBW EXPERIENCED BIKE RIDE

To celebrate my 49th cycling day-in-a-row, I cycled nearly 60 kilometers this morning with our cycling club, The South Broward Wheelers.

Heading out with the experience group at 7:30 a.m. sharp, we took Nob Hill Road northward as far as Nob Hill Road goes, which is just south of the Palm Beach County line.

We then headed east and then south a smidgen, ending up in a shopping center that included a Publix Food Market. Publix was our mid-ride rest stop where everyone had a chance to reload their bottles and unload their bladder, not necessarily in that order.

On the way back to the barn, we sort of wriggled and waggled around some back roads and neighborhoods simply to add additional mileage to our morning ride. I rode on roads that I’ve never ridden on before.

At one point, I did not have a clue what city we were riding through. In South Florida, there is no countryside or open space separating one city from another. They sort of all run together making up one huge metropolitan area with millions of multi-national inhabitants.

With 12 riders strong, 7 men and 5 ladies, I feel that we had the perfect number of cyclists for a smooth-running peloton. Had we had additional riders when riding through most of those cities, we more than likely would have had stragglers and large gaps to deal with.

I’m looking forward to my 50th cycling day-in-a row tomorrow morning with the same club, only tomorrow we will begin the ride from a different location. I sure wish the club was scheduled for a 50-miler tomorrow.

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/809583

No comments:

Post a Comment