Sunday, July 29, 2012

EXPERIENCED/ADVANCED BIKE RIDE

Not wanting to ride with the club’s intermediate group nor the advanced plus group this morning, Sandy S put together an outstanding peloton consisting of 5 men and 2 women. I was one of the men!

About the only downside of this morning’s ride was the intense heat that could melt hardened rock into flowing lava – and melt cyclists into brain-fried zombies. I was one of those zombies!

During most of the ride, we rode at the experienced/advanced pace – 16 to 20 mph.

Out of concern for my safety, my wife convinced me not to ride my bike to the meet-up spot and then back home after the ride, just to accumulate 50 miles on my 50th cycling day-in-a-row. I’m darn glad she talked me out of it, if for no other reason, the ruthless heat, which I believe was near 90 degrees with a real feel of 99 degrees. I am so blessed to have a caring wife!!

RIDE STATS:
Distance: 33.37 miles/53.70 kilometers
Moving Time: 02:02:04
Average/Max Speed: 16.4/21.7 mph
Average Max HR: 127/153 bpm
Elevation Gain: 187 feet
Calories Burned: 2129

No comments:

Post a Comment