Monday, July 16, 2012

PARK RIDE WITH MY WIFE AND A FRIEND

Weather-wise, I don’t think we could have asked for a better, more comfortable day for a bike ride. With the average temperature right around 80 degrees, and the sky covered with high altitude clouds, this morning’s bike ride was done in ideal weather conditions. And as a bonus of sorts, the reported wind from the east was negligible.

After circling the park for maybe six or seven miles, I received a call on my smart-phone from one of my cycling amigos. He told me that no one showed for the Monday morning mall and coffee shop ride, so I invited him to the park to ride with my wife and me.

After arriving in the park just minutes after the phone call, Rey, my wife and I then rode around in circles, or so it seemed, for a considerable amount of miles until my Garmin Edge 500 GPS indicated that my wife and I had reached our goal of a half-metric century, or 50 kilometers. That was our cue to leave the park and then ride home, after first thanking our friend for joining us on what ended up being a very vigorous, satisfying bike ride.

This morning’s ride was fun! It was also my 37th day-in-a-row cycling. On top of that, It was an ideal way to zap that Monday morning, dailymile.com zero.

RIDE STATS:
Distance: 52 kilometers/32.02 miles
Moving Time: 02:42:30
Average/Max Speed: 11.8mph/17.1mph
Calories Burned: 1193
Elevation Gain: 111 feet
Average/Max HR: 101/126
37th Day-In-A-Row Cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment