Saturday, June 1, 2013

CASUAL WALK TO AND FROM GYM

Most folks train to walk, swim and bike faster, while I train my mind to thoroughly appreciate every stride, stroke and crank. Either method of training, in my opinion, is appropriate and beneficial for the mind and body.

This morning’s casual walk to and from the fitness center was particularly hot and muggy. Even though the sky was covered with slow-moving clouds, blocking out the sun’s damaging rays, the air seemed to be suffocating. The 4 to 5 mph wind simply wasn’t enough to keep the body comfortably cooled.

When inside the gym, my wife and I worked out together on most of the upper and lower body resistance machines. Only one set per machine. Forget the “No pain, no gain” cliché today, we had to get in and get out quicker than normal in order to fit in all that we have planned today.

No comments:

Post a Comment