Tuesday, June 25, 2013

SHORT WALK, WEIGHT MACHINES, AND A MTN BIKE RIDE

Despite it being too hot outdoors for man or beast, my wife and I walked across the street to the fitness center for a routine weight machine workout.

I didn’t mind walking in the heat, but walking with the full sun scorching my skin isn’t exactly on my things-to-do-to-stay-healthy list. I did wear a ball cap, but I left off the sunscreen because of the short length of the walk. My bad!

Instead of writing up a separate post just for the weights, please allow me to say that we stayed inside the cool, air-conditioned gym for 31 minutes pushing and pulling on the machine’s levers.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/333138480


Just to compare the ride stats on my mountain bike’s newly installed bike computer to my Garmin Edge 500, I took the mtn. bike out for a short ride around the neighborhood.

The bike computer registered my distance a tad bit farther than the Garmin, but both speeds were always identical.

Close enough!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/333321140

No comments:

Post a Comment