Friday, June 7, 2013

PERFECT WEATHER FOR A BIKE RIDE

Who said it was going to rain this morning, the weather man?

While five of us did a 24.6-mile, out-and-back bike ride, not a drop of rain came out of the sky. Other than a stiff breeze that was coming out of the southwest, a byproduct of Tropical Storm Andrea, I would say that the weather was perfect for cycling and all outdoor activities. Okay, maybe not for badminton, but for just about everything else done in the great outdoors. So here’s to you, Mr. Weather Man. (Concealed graphic expletive)

The chit chat was abundant this morning, with the five of us focusing mostly on our ball-less media and the large gathering of clueless turkeys that reside in and around Washington DC, both Hens and Toms and those in between. Enough said on that topic!

With all of our public schools now out of session, the coffee shop was especially crowded this morning. I never knew so many young folks gravitated towards the coffee pot that early in the morning. When I was their age, I don’t recall even liking coffee. For me, however, coffee became a must-have item when I served in the US Navy, where every sailor used coffee as a wake-up tool after a fun night out on the town. Can anyone relate?

Enough of my meaningless chatter! Everyone have a wonderful, safe weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment