Thursday, June 20, 2013

MTN BIKE RIDE AROUND LAKE AND NEIGHBORHOOD

I rode 4 1/2 miles alongside my beautiful wife while she did a training run, and I then rode an additional 4 1/2 miles around our block. My distance goal this morning was 11 kilometers. Goal achieved.

The average temperature during this short MTN bike ride was a comfortable 80F, with the eastern sky covered with slow moving clouds. The welcomed clouds kept the rising sun from making it feel hotter than it was.

The white Florida Egrets were out in force this morning, searching for worms below the surface of the lake’s grassy areas. There was also an abundance of ducks paddling through the shallow water of the lake. Nature kept our focus off the myriad of motorcars and disgruntled drivers.

We have so much to be thankful for!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/330582708


During the afternoon, I did a slow, casual walk to and from the fitness center for a weight-machine workout. 


No comments:

Post a Comment