Monday, June 24, 2013

SLOW, COMFORTABLE RIDE TO AND FROM THE COFFEE SHOP

Only four of us showed up today for our Monday morning bike ride. We were expecting six.

No one felt like going fast today, so we kept the pace comfortable for everyone. Sandy and I got a bit edgy three or four miles short of the coffee shop, so we picked up the pace while in Weston’s wide bike lanes. Even that burst of speed wasn't anything to write home about.

On the way back to the meet-up place from the coffee shop, Sandy and I rode alone at a pace somewhat faster than Tom and Ed’s pace. In fact, they were nowhere in sight in our rear-view mirrors.

The 15 mph ESE wind was in our faces during the entire return trip. When that’s the case, Ed struggles tremendously. This more than likely is why he and Tom were far behind Sandy and me. Ed, by the way, is 82 years of age.

Five minutes after arriving home, we had a brief downpour. Perfect timing if I say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment