Wednesday, June 26, 2013

GROUP/SOLO MTN. BIKE RIDE

I’m not fast, I know it, so get over it!
Diamonback Outlook Mtn Bike

Despite my obvious lack of speed, which is by design, I still managed to do a 1/3 Imperial Century on my Mtn bike earlier this morning.

After meeting up with the guys at the meet-up spot at 7:45 a.m., I chose to ride with Mr. Ed and Mr. Rey. Sandy, Doug and Tom were planning on a fast ride, so I thought slowing it down a notch or two (or three) might be wise seeing as though I rode to the meet-up spot on my Mtn bike and not my 10lb lighter road bike.

From the meet-up spot to the coffee shop in Weston, I tagged alongside Ed and Rey. The wind was at our backs, so keeping up with the two old roadies wasn't an issue.

After leaving the coffee shop, and after crossing over I-75, I yelled over to Ed that I was going back a different way. He acknowledged and away I went, all by myself on Shotgun Road and then the bike trail  that runs parallel to Orange Drive and the South New River Canal. When I came upon Palm Avenue/Nob Hill Road, a road that is being torn up and rebuilt, a real mess, I turned onto the sidewalk and stayed on the sidewalks until I entered our gated community a few miles later.

The Weather Channel tells me that the real feel temperature at the end of my ride was 96F. I believe it!  The 15 to 18 mph wind in my face while riding back was another bummer. But hey, if it was easy, everyone and their brother would be out biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment