Saturday, June 8, 2013

HOT, HUMID CASUAL WALK

Tropical Buffer Separating the Sidewalk From the Road 
Not having a blasted thing to do in our home in regards to housework, and not wanting to settle in to watch a movie video just yet on the HD TV, I decided to head out the door for a casual walk. I also had in mind stopping in the fitness center for a muscle-maintenance workout.

The first thing I noticed when leaving our home was the heat. It appears that the last few days of cooling rain has passed. Characteristically, after a few days of rain here in the sub-tropics, the area really heats up and the humidity becomes stifling.

With gobs of sunscreen slathered all over my body, the walk was enormously uncomfortable. If you wish to follow my walking path on Garmin Connect’s map (see link below), you may notice some zig-zag to my walk. That’s when I headed for every section of shade that was casts by the perimeter's large oak trees.

I did make it to the gym, and I did do a muscle-maintenance workout. Nothing really heavy, just a maintenance type workout on the resistance machines! The place was nearly empty of humanoids, making my training that much more enjoyable.

Despite how uncomfortable it was during my walk, I’m glad I didn't get lazy and opt for a movie. But I am lazy now, and I am going to watch a movie. It’s just a matter of choosing which one I want to watch.

I’m up for a comedy, popcorn and a strawberry smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment