Wednesday, June 12, 2013

ADVANCED BIKE RIDE

This morning’s ride was one of those rides where I started out riding alongside my wife for 4 miles while she did a training run. Afterwards, I used the bumpy sidewalks to meet up with my cycling mates. That was an additional 2 miles at a snail’s pace. I then joined my cycling mates at the meet-up spot for a fast, advanced ride into the City of Weston and the coffee shop.

My overall pace for the 44 miles was 13.6 mph. However, as soon as I joined my cycling mates, we rode an additional 38 miles at a 16.7 overall pace. From the meet-up spot to the coffee shop we maintained nearly an 18 mph pace. Sweet!

When we were just about ready to leave the coffee shop for our return ride, a voluptuous young lady walked up to Sandy S. and me claiming that she knows the secret to making a 60 year old feel like he’s 20. “Wow,” we thought! She then went on to tell us about this new radical health drink that promises to reduce cell aging in 30 days. She even gave each of us a flyer with her telephone number. By golly, maybe there is some hope for us old geezers.

And most of you thought I was going somewhere else with the lady story, didn’t you? Admit it! Shame on you!
 
One hour after arriving home from the bike ride, it began pouring down rain. Our two cats are currently hiding from the lightning and thunder monsters.

http://app.strava.com/activities/59945207

No comments:

Post a Comment