Sunday, June 9, 2013

THREE-CITY MOUNTAIN BIKE RIDE

After reading some of the cycling posts earlier this morning on Daily Mile, I knew that I had to get myself in gear and go out for a casual mountain bike ride. I refused to begin my Sunday by being lazy!

By 6:30 AM, I was out the door dressed in blue/orange riding attire, my mountain bike was ready to go, and the Garmin Edge 500 was programmed to start measuring my miles, time and etc. as soon as it detected movement.

Wanting to go somewhere different, I headed south towards the City of Miramar. I rode all the way to the border of Miami-Dade County on Red Road and then turned back northward for a turn west on Miramar Parkway. From there I was in unfamiliar territory.

Taking a chance that the road went through to Pembroke Road, I turned north on Monarch Lakes Boulevard and then left on 136th Street. Bingo, both roads eventually led me to familiar Pembroke Road. From there it was northbound on Flamingo Road all the way north to Stirling Road, at which time I turned towards the ocean, or east.

Hiatus Road then led me all the way south to the area where I began the ride.

I then finished my mtn. bike ride with a sprint on Johnson Street, bringing the shiny new bike to 22+ mph without much effort. It was a textbook finish to a rather slow sidewalk type ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment