Friday, March 1, 2013

SOMEWHAT BORING OUT-AND-BACK BIKE RIDE

Today’s out and back bike ride was just short of being humdrum, but at least I began March with a ride with some loyal mates that are nearly as dedicated as I am in regards to cycling. Nearly, but not as dedicated! I’m only referring to the three amigos that I rode with, not the other four that sped to the bagel and coffee shop at a much faster pace than what I rode.

I was a little discouraged with the total mileage, but one of our cyclists had to get home earlier than normal. I should be able to make up the mileage this weekend by riding both Saturday and Sunday – that is unless the ocean rises above the southern tip of Florida because of the fast-melting icecap.

Average temperature during this morning’s ride was 63F with partly cloudy skies (Actually, there is only one sky). The wind was out of the NNW at 7 to 9 mph.

I hear tell that a cold front is headed our way with an expected low in the mid-forties. Good grief, you mean to tell me that there’s a chance that we’ll have to cover up our colorful cycling jerseys with plain colored cycling jackets? My favorite is my relatively new, extremely-visible, lime-green jacket. Even Mr. Magoo and his dog McBarker couldn’t miss seeing that thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment