Monday, March 18, 2013

WINDY BIKE RIDE

The wind may be a friend to those who sail boats, but it sure as heck isn’t a friend to cyclists. Per NOAA, this morning was breezy with a SE wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. No rain, though, and plenty of sunshine.

On the outbound trip to the bagel shop, there were seven of us. Ed thought the wind would be too much for him on the way back, so he opted out of our extended ride through Markham Park and the park’s relatively new trail. Can’t say as I blame the gentleman, as I struggled myself at times.

With six cyclists remaining, myself included, we trudged southward until we arrived at Z’s Bike Shop that is conveniently located next door to a Dunkin Donut’s Shop. While the boys looked at whatever they wanted to see in the bike shop, I drifted next door and bought myself a scrumptious apple fritter. I needed the extra carbs for the remaining eight miles.

Aren’t apples supposed to be good for you?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment