Tuesday, March 5, 2013

BUSY DAY WALKING, LIFTING AND CYCLING

WALK AND GYM WORKOUT
It is so wonderful to be alive and well, and to live in total freedom in our tropical paradise called Pembroke Pines, Florida USA. We have been truly blessed!

This day will not come again, therefore each minute is worth a priceless gem.

That said, I intend to saddle up on my road bike after breakfast and then head for our serene, tropical county park that is located a mere ½ mile from our home. The park often doubles as my oasis from the hub-bub of society.

Earlier in the morning, I walked just over two-miles to and from our fitness center, displaying my perpetual friendliness by wishing three people a good morning. They, too, were walking on the sidewalks, only in the opposite directions. Out of the three, zero responded. How sad!

While in the gym, I pushed and pulled on nearly every resistance machine available, feeling grateful that we can afford a yearly membership every year to such a clean, disciplined gym.

Not only is it a gym for we who wish to remain in shape, it also doubles as a rehabilitation center for recovering medical patients of all ages.

Breakfast will be a mix of five different cereals, with a banana and walnuts thrown in for good measure. Oh, and let’s not forget about fresh Florida orange juice.

http://www.mapmywalk.com/workout/239957724


BIKE RIDE
Like the lyrics said, “And the beat goes on,” riding my road bike to imaginary music continued today in our neighborhood’s 345-acre county park.

With an average temperature of 76F and the sky a bright blue, how could I not want to be in the great outdoors on my road bike!?

In addition to biking on narrow walkways at an unhurried pace, occasionally dodging small toddlers riding their three wheelers  I managed four sprints from South Bridge to West Bridge, peaking my Garmin Speedometer at 24.4 mph. I was afraid to go any faster because of the work crews and their pesky trucks.

While riding across one of the narrow wooden bridges, I stopped in awe at the scenery on both sides of the bridge. Thankful that I am able to live and cycle in such an awe-inspiring place, I quickly snapped a couple of pictures while still straddled on by bike.

I took two other pictures previous to those, but that time it was of two young Canadian visitors that I spotted taking pictures of our tall Australian Pine Trees on the bank of the lake. Seeing as though they thought enough of our beautiful park to snap some pics, I stopped my bike and asked if they would like me to take their picture in front of the pine trees and lake. They were overwhelmed and beholden that I had stopped my bicycle.

If for no other reason, it was a wonderful day in the park simply because I made two people smile. Perhaps they will remember those pictures for the rest of their lives. I know that I will.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/280808522
http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1165513

No comments:

Post a Comment