Saturday, March 2, 2013

FIRST DAY OF CYCLING CHALLENGE

Today is the beginning of “Giro’s Train Like Taylor Challenge” on Strava.com. Challenge

Strava and Taylor Phinney are challenging us bikers to cycle for 31 hours and 51 minutes from March 2nd, 2013 to March 17th, 2013. Pace matters not, it’s only a time-in-the-saddle challenge. As slow as I am, this challenge should not be a problem. I’m already 3% into my goal of 32 hours.

Nobody within my cycling group had plans on riding today, so I suited up earlier this morning and did a short, solo ride around our neighborhood, never once exceeding 17 mph on the residential streets and sidewalks.

The average temperature for this abbreviated ride was 55F with a steady wind from the north at 17 mph. That’s a bit chilly for this region. To be honest, though, I loved the chill. And the wind and cold never breached my oversized, orange sweat shirt. And no, I did not wear tights, only a black pair of cycling shorts.

Black and orange, the same color as my 2011 Felt Z6 Road Bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment