Sunday, March 3, 2013

SCOUTING THE NEIGHBORHOOD ON MY ROAD BIKE

All of my domestic chores had been completed and I darn well didn't want to sit on my duff with a TV remote in my hands the rest of the day.  That said, I put on a pair of cycling shorts and cycling jacket and  then headed out the door with road bike in hand. Excellent decision, because the only thing on TV was college basketball, and I’m not exactly an overly enthusiastic college-basketball fan.

This afternoon’s ride was basically a scout-the-neighborhood type ride, when nearly every single mile was logged by riding on sidewalks. I don’t exactly like riding on sidewalks, but Sunday is not a good day to venture out on the busy streets by my lonesome. In a large group, yes! But not when you’re the only target…ah…I mean, visible person on a two-wheeler.

The weather was perfect. The temperature stayed around 63F (+17C) and the wind was blowing in from the NW at 12 to 18 mph.

I enjoyed this ride, but admittedly it was as slow as turtle poop rolling uphill. And we all know how slow turtle poop rolls uphill.

No comments:

Post a Comment