Wednesday, March 27, 2013

CHILLY BIKE RIDE IN THE SUB-TROPICS

I don’t understand it! Several bikers in our weekday cycling group regularly complain of the heat during the summer. And then come winter when the temp drops to a pleasant 46F, they end up being no-shows. WTF is that all about!?

Anyhow, one other fellow and I enjoyed our 25-mile ride without sweating our butts off. It became a bit breezy prior to arriving at the coffee shop, but the wind was really no big deal. All the wind did was to insure us a quicker ride back.

I forgot to bring along a snack, so I bought a Dutch Apple Bagel to go with my hot coffee. I was tempted to buy two of them!

The route itself was an out and back route, basically the same one we ride most every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. They say that variety is the spice of life. If that is true, then we need to come up with a list of different traffic-approved routes.

Did I mention that today’s route included 136 feet of climbing? I know, I know, you all are impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment