Sunday, March 10, 2013

SUNDAY CLUB BIKE RIDE

Making a foolish choice not to ride yesterday, I knew that I had to ride for at least three hours today or fairly close to it. I called it quits after 2:50 mainly because my riding mates called it a day after two hours. Riding alone in an industrial area wasn't exactly my cup of tea, hence heading for my truck just short of three hours.

After being introduced to the ride leader of the beginner’s group, and then learning that it would have been only her and I in the lanes, I suggested that we join a much faster group that also lacked members. We now totaled five riders, three men and two lovely ladies.

Last night being the night when we sprang forward with our watches and clocks, we actually began our ride when it was still twilight. I sort of like leaving for a ride prior to sunrise, because leaving early keeps the sun off our bodies, plus the wind doesn't pick up until shortly after sunrise. Using this morning’s ride as an example, we rode for one hour in literal calm and without the sun’s rays damaging our skin. And yes, I use oodles of sunscreen as well as UV arm sleeves.

Anyway, as a group we stayed between 16-18 mph regardless of wind or no wind. The average temperature was 68F, no chance of rain, clear skies and a strong wind near the end of the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment