Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A MIXTURE OF SLOW AND FAST DURING TODAY’S BIKE RIDE

After leaving the car park this morning shortly after 8 a.m., four of us slowly rode  towards our first rest stop at Einstein’s Coffee and Bagel Shoppe in Weston, FL. We were the first ones to arrive because the others, the faster of two groups, opted to take a longer route.

Other than people watching and engaging in casual conversation, nothing out of the ordinary happened at the coffee shoppe.

After leaving the (first) coffee shoppe, five of us took an alternate route, which is one of my favorites. I like today’s homeward route because, for the most part, we stayed off the beaten path that motorcars take.

Our second rest-stop was at a Dunkin Donuts at the busy intersection of Flamingo Rd & Griffin Rd. At Dunkin’s I indulged in some coffee and a huge apple fritter, and at the first stop I downed a bag of trail mix with my coffee.

I basically drink and eat my way through these morning rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment