Friday, March 22, 2013

PREP BIKE RIDE

There isn’t a whole lot to say about this morning’s ride other than it was a warm-up ride in preparation for tomorrow’s Granfondo Garneau metric century along beautiful A1A.
 
All five of us kept the speed down today out of respect for my ride tomorrow. No sense in straining my guts today, when tomorrow I’ll need everything in my tank to endure the distance and predicted weather.
 
The weather folks are telling us that the high for tomorrow will be 85F. And when traveling south, the wind will be in our faces at a steady 17 mph, with gusts to 23 mph.
 
When riding along A1A, which runs parallel to the Atlantic Ocean, bikers are impacted 100% by the wind, plus a little more for good measure.
 
I feel that I’m ready for tomorrow. I did a thorough cleaning of the bike yesterday - even put some brand new Conti Ultra Gatorskins on the front and rear. Installing new batteries in the rear and front flashing lights should help motorists see me and my road bike.
 
Rosemary B, my very first Daily Mile friend, and myself will be riding together from start to finish during tomorrow’s A1A ride
 
Anyway, we had a good ride today, as well as a lot of laughs.  http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1193610 http://connect.garmin.com/activity/287379365

No comments:

Post a Comment