Saturday, February 2, 2013

WALKING, TALKING AND LIFTING

After cycling for three days in a row, I thought it best to stay out of the saddle today and in its place do some walking, talking and weight lifting. All three missions have been accomplished and it’s only 10 A.M.

Right after putting a load of laundry into the clothes dryer earlier this morning, I set out walking in the general direction of our hospital’s fitness center. Not a fast walk, just a smell-the-roses type walk.

After just over a mile of walking, I ambled into the gym and did most of the upper and lower body resistance machines. I did a little bit of chatting as well. I was in the gym for maybe 40 minutes.

Wondering what direction I should walk to reach the three-mile mark, I chose to walk around our state-of-the-art hospital, all the while checking out all of the completed construction that had been going on for what seemed like years. The place is awesome! How comforting is it to know that one of South Florida’s highest rated hospitals is right across the street from our home!

Total walk this morning was 5 kilometers in temps from 59F to 63F. Comfortable temperatures and 10% cloud coverage made for a pleasant morning walk.

After posting this somewhat boring post, I have to make a quick visit to my favorite LBS for some tubes, a rear flashing light, a small patch kit and some chain lube. Boy oh boy, biking sure does get expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment