Tuesday, February 12, 2013

SLOW STROLL AND WEIGHT MACHINES

Not to sound like Pooh Bear’s friend, Eeyore, but lately I've been experiencing one of two physical issues nearly every day. If it isn't my lower back, then it’s my left knee. If it’s not the knee, then it’s the back. Today it is both!

And then I watched Dr. OZ on TV yesterday and he tells the live audience and television viewers to be cautious regarding pain relievers, pills in particular. He suggested that Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen are the bad boys and that aspirin is possibly the savior. Okay! I was aware that too much of the first two would do a nasty job on your liver, but I am also aware that too much aspirin will do a job on your stomach. Everything in moderation, I suppose. I wonder if I can tell that to my pain.

Anyway, I took a morning stroll to the gym this morning with plans on only walking directly to the gym and then directly home. Despite the clicking left knee, something that began during Sunday’s slow bike ride, that wasn't about to happen on such a beautiful day.

After coming out of the gym handsomely bulked up from the weight machine session, I decided to head home via the longer route that wiggles its way through the hospital’s enormous parking lot. This would add an extra ½ mile to my morning stroll.

Being the great observer that I am, I noticed that hospital employees drive more SUV’s than sedans. In my warped opinion, this may mean one of two things. Either they are making big bucks in their chosen medical profession or they are rapidly multiplying at home and are in dire need of additional room in their vehicles. Or it may be both reasons. 

Not that my meaningless surveillance has squat to do with exercising, I just thought I’d pass on my keen observations to my DM friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment