Sunday, February 10, 2013

CYCLING CLUB BEGINNER’S BIKE RIDE

As soon as I arrived at the cycling club's meet-up spot, I had no choice but to join the new rider's group. Other than the advanced+ group and the beginner’s group, there were no other ride options available on this beautiful sub-tropical morning in South Florida. I don’t want to appear like I’m bragging about our weather, but our temperature at the beginning of this morning’s ride was 70F. It never got above 75F.

After our ride leader and our club president went over many of the pace-line rules, club guidelines and traffic laws, we scurried out of there at a pace that would make a turtle feel proud.

After traveling through the industrial section of Sunrise and then Markham County Park, we headed for the lanes in Weston where it’s an infraction of the law to ride outside the marked bike lanes. I can’t say that I disagree with this law. If the town of Weston was good enough to build bike lanes for our safe usage, then by golly we ought to use them instead of the motorized traffic lanes. Nearly eight miles of this ride were in those wide bike lanes.

After one main rest-stop at one of our local grocery stores, and then a couple of minor ones alongside the lanes, once again we pedaled through the County Park and industrial section on the way back to the meet-up location.

I had my Contour Roam digital camera rolling the entire 2 hours. Other than three voluptuous women riding along with us wearing colorful cycling shorts and cycling jerseys, there was nothing eye-popping or anything out of the ordinary happening that would warrant making a U-Tube video of this ride.

Hummmm….on second thought…where is my camera’s USB cable?

Y’all have a sensational, safe Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment