Sunday, February 3, 2013

SOLO SUPER-BOWL SUNDAY BIKE RIDE

My 2011 Felt Z6 Road Bike
Not comfortable with the group that showed up at the meet-up spot, I decided to do a ride all by my lonesome.

Because of multiple charity rides that took place in our area today, very few club members showed up for this morning’s bike ride that began at Lester’s Diner in Sunrise, FL. The cyclists that did show up were all crazies, at least in my opinion. They’re the ones that ride in a pace-line inches apart at speeds in excess of 20 mph. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it’s just not my cup of tea.

This being Super Bowl Sunday in the United States, I didn't want to spend too much time in the saddle anyway. I also wanted to stop by my wife’s store for lunch during her one-hour break, so I basically cycled this morning with a self-induced time frame.

FYI, I did have lunch with my wife. We shared a toasted, foot-long, tuna-fish sub sandwich at her store’s Subway. It was scrumptious.

As far as my riding went, I biked on the roads that twisted in and around an industrial park, plus I biked inside of Markham County Park. There were a negligible amount of vehicles in both areas. Both the industrial park and Markham Park are located on the eastern edge of the Florida Everglades.

The temperature range during my ride was from 59F to 66F, the sky was clear and the wind was coming from the NNW between 7 - 11 mph. It was a very pleasant day in the sub-tropics!

There were lots and lots of people out walking, running, cycling and walking their dogs this morning. That’s always nice to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment