Thursday, February 14, 2013

CASUAL WALKING AND RESISTANCE MACHINE SESSION

Either the satellites were wiggling around in outer space or my Garmin 110 was acting up, because the aerial view of this morning’s route has me casually walking across the lake that separates our residential area from the shopping mall and hospital area. I've heard of only one guy that’s been able to walk on water, and I’ll assure you that I’m not Him.

1.85 miles into my morning stroll, my youngest daughter calls me with questions regarding computers. Being somewhat technically challenged when it comes to wireless connections, I had to refer her to someone in her current locality. Allegedly, anyone that resides in her apartment complex has permission from the rental office to connect wirelessly through their system. It is supposedly a perk for residing in that particular complex. Nice!

3.08 miles into my walk, I took a break from walking by spending 1 hour and 7 minutes inside the gym tugging and pulling on resistance machines. I ended up doing two sets on each machine plus a bunch of knee lifts on the parallel bar. That was the most systematic, productive weight session I've done in quite some time. I need to do more of those!

When walking home from the gym via the hospital’s west-side parking area, the distance is approximately one mile. That one mile plus the mileage that I had prior to the weight session gave me 4.07 miles for the morning.

I’m well pleased with my walking distance, the pace, and the weight-machine session. I’ll feel no quilt whatsoever this evening when my wife and I dine at our favorite neighborhood Italian restaurant.

I'm thinking "Chicken Parmesan."  

No comments:

Post a Comment