Wednesday, September 5, 2012

TWO RIDES IN ONE

This morning's half metric+ should be categorized as two rides in one.

The first ride was to the coffee shop with Ed, Gary and Rossana at a snail’s pace because of the rain and slick roads. We actually ducked underneath cover at a local grocery store for 15 to 20 minutes.

From the coffee shop back to the barn, or the second ride, I rode with Sandy, Tom, Rossana, Ron, Doug, New Guy and Christina at a pace that was considerably faster than ride number one. No rain, just lots of wind.

On the second ride, I remained in (heart rate) zone 4 for 30 minutes and zone 5 for 30 minutes, all because of a relentless headwind coming in from the south. Sandy and Rossana did all of the pulling while I positioned myself relatively comfortably in the rear or in the middle of the pace line.

Near the end of the ride, I hollered over to Sandy asking “How is it possible that a skinny little lady like Rossana can kick my butt?” He reminded me that she is 30 to 35 years younger than us.

Yeah, I suppose that does have something to do with it…

RIDE STATS:
Distance:  57.37 kilometers
Time:  02:41:15
Average/Max Speed:  13.1 mph/22.8 mph
Average/Max HR:  118bpm/158bpm
Elevation Gain:  144 feet
Average Temp.:  86F
Calories Burned:  1862

http://app.strava.com/activities/20941079
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/219161708





No comments:

Post a Comment