Tuesday, September 18, 2012

OOPS, NO HOUSE KEY

What started out to be a 3-mile walk around the shopping mall’s block ended up being a 7-mile walk to my wife’s work place.

And why is this?

Two miles into my neighborhood walk, and fifteen minutes after my wife left our home for work, I discovered that I failed to put a house key in the rear pocket of my Race Ready running shorts.

The lack of a key meant this: I had to walk an extra 4 miles to my wife’s work place, retrieve the car and house keys from her, and then drive her car back home. It also means that I’ll be picking her up from work when she clocks out, which I love doing anyway.

The silver lining to this story is that my left knee held up wonderfully. And my walking pace, even though I wasn’t pushing the pace whatsoever, was fast enough to get my body through most half marathons without being picked up by the DNF bus.

Fortunately, I smattered sunscreen all over my exposed skin prior to the leaving the house, because it sure was bright sunshine during my two hour sidewalk trip. The temperature was right around 84F with a nice breeze from the southeast, so the walk wasn’t excruciating weather-wise.

But I had no water, which means that I must have the DNA of a camel.

No comments:

Post a Comment