Thursday, September 6, 2012

GOOFY WALK-TRAINING IN NEIGHBORHOOD

As soon as the sun rose at 7:04 AM, I was enthusiastically out the door ready for an early morning walk around our bustling neighborhood.

After first strolling to our community mail box and then inserting a Netflix video (“First Dog”) in one of the outgoing mail slots, and then connecting with the tracking satellites for the benefit of my Garmin 110, I was on my way with a wide smile on my still ascetically sleepy face.

Call me Goofy, but I wanted to pick up the pace somewhat during today’s walk. Not too fast, just fast enough to insure me that I am still capable of entering and finishing several 5K’s and half marathons within the allotted time frames. I’m no longer allowed to run, so fast walking must suffice.

Picking up my walk pace even faster will not be an issue, but I’m still in the preservation mode of not wanting to stress out a knee that has been diagnosed as having a slightly torn ACL and arthritis.

This morning was one of those periods of times when I was especially grateful for the beautiful earth that has been provided for our usage. Perhaps I simply woke this morning in a thankful mood, or maybe I was really into all the beautiful tropical flowers and foliage that enriches my neighborhood. For whatever reason or reasons, my gratitude, I believe, showed on my beaming face.

I am pleased to say that everyone that I passed during this morning’s walk responded in a positive manner to my customary “Good morning, how are you?” greeting.

“Smile and the whole world will smile with you.” I sure wish that were true, don’t you?

Today it worked!

WALK STATS:
Distance:  4.01 miles
Time:  01:09:15
Average Pace:  3.5 mph/17:16 per-mile-pace
Calories Burned:  419
Average/Max HR:  98/105


No comments:

Post a Comment