Tuesday, September 25, 2012

MORNING SPEED WALKING

No cycling today, so my wife and I went out for some speed-walk training.

Our chosen route took us around the shopping mall and medical buildings on sidewalks that are not exactly conducive for race-walking or running. Many of the concrete squares are raised above the adjacent square, causing one to be on the lookout for areas that would trip up even a nocturnal possum in search of food.

Walt Disney World requires all runners and walkers to maintain at least a 16:00 minute-per-mile pace during all of their running/walking events. This morning’s pace, without pushing the envelope, was a conservative 15:23 minute-per-mile pace. I’m well pleased with those results!

I’m also well pleased that my left knee felt solid and strong. Perhaps I can do something other than be a spectator during January 2013’s marathon weekend in Disney World.

No comments:

Post a Comment