Tuesday, September 4, 2012

HIKE ALONG THE LAKE

After sleeping in until 7 AM this morning, I jumped out of bed, fed the cats and tropical fish, scooped the litter box, and then headed out for a pleasant walk along the lake, ducking into the gym at the halfway point for a shortened weight-machine session. I believe I spent more time chatting with an old friend than I did working out on the machines. Hey, how else are we going to solve the world’s problems?

Twice while walking on the sidewalk along the lake, I stopped and swept off broken glass from the sidewalk. We have a bunch of wankers in this town that evidently find it a thrill to throw glass bottles out of their car windows onto the sidewalks and streets. The real thrill, I suppose, is when they hear the breaking of the glass when the bottles hit the hard surfaces. I’d like to break the bottles over their empty heads!

Anyway, it was a pleasant hike along the tropical lake in ideal weather conditions. 84 degrees, mostly sunny with a slight breeze from the east (ocean) - I’ll take it!



No comments:

Post a Comment