Friday, September 14, 2012

HALF METRIC CENTURY BIKE RIDE

Out-and-back half metric-century bike ride with Rey, Gary and Sandy.

After cruising around the mall for six miles warming up my leg joints, I joined my three amigos for a talk-while-you-ride, leisure bike-ride to the coffee shoppe and back. Our stay at the coffee shoppe was shortened because the local weather people hinted that rain would be falling on our heads any time after 10:30 AM. It’s now 11:30 AM and it hasn’t rained a drop.

On the way back to the barn, Sandy and I became separated from Rey and Gary because of traffic - and simply because we didn’t feel like pedaling our bikes any faster. Too much to talk about and no reason to rush. We never did spot a rose to sniff, however.

As a side note, I feel wonderful after eating only plant-based food for the past week. My wife and I are learning that there are countless delicious, nourishing no-meat and no-dairy meals to be eaten and enjoyed. More than we could have imagined prior to making this healthy move.

No comments:

Post a Comment