Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hollywood Beach Boardwalk Ride

With my bike‘s tail light and head light blinking, I happily rode alongside my wife while she ran and walked 11 miles.

She began her training run/walk at 5:35 this morning, starting out in a large parking lot owned by a grocery store chain 1.2 miles from the beach. From there, we crossed the inland waterway onto Hollywood Beach’s famed boardwalk. We had to cross over two bridges on the way to the beach and then back to the grocery store parking lot, hence the elevation gain of 174 feet.

At or around mile seven, we found ourselves in the middle of a pack of runners and walkers that were participating in a local 5K. Janet was going the same pace as the mid-pack people, so we stayed with them until the turn around point on cat alley. Cat alley is where numerous feral cats hang out.

Although this was a very slow ride for me, I thoroughly enjoyed riding along the scenic boardwalk while listening to the waves from the Atlantic Ocean lap the shoreline. I also love keeping my wife company while she does her running and walking.

In summary, this was a beautiful morning in our tropical paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment