Saturday, June 30, 2012

TOUR de WESTON/BONAVENTURE WITH WIFE

Tour de Weston/Bonaventure with my wife!

Instead of riding with our cycling team, Team Memorial, my wife and I chose to head out in advance of the peloton. Not wanting to stress out my wife by asking her to jump into a speeding pace-line at this phrase of her bike training, we both thought it best to do a twosome ride on a course that I prearranged by using RidewithGPS.

Well, for some unknown reason, the not-so-great Indian guide, me, steered us off the preplanned track. The end result was that we rode eight miles farther than we had planned. Or should I say, “As I planned?”

Anyway, we took a nice tour of both Weston and Bonaventure, two cities that lie just east of the Florida Everglades.

When the bike lanes ended, we knew we were in the City of Bonaventure. Back on the bike lanes, welcome to Weston. It was that simple to differentiate the two squeaky clean, manicured cities.

Even though we rode farther than what we had planned, neither of us was tired. For once, we didn’t have to make multiple stops and starts, which made for less effort while in the saddle. My average heart rate was only 100 at an overall pace of 13.26 mph. My wife’s average HR was 111. Healthy hearts beat longer – we hope!!

Nice easy ride this morning in beautiful surroundings.

Oh, my wife set a distance PR this morning when we finished our ride at 30.32 miles.

And please allow me to mention that today was my 21st day in a row in the bike saddle, with plans on going out tomorrow morning for a ride along the Atlantic Ocean.

Until then, Adios mi amigos, have a great day!

Ride Stats
Distance:  30.37 miles
Time:  2:17:11
Average Pace:  13.4 mph
Average Heart Rae:  100
Elevation Gain:  78 feet
Calories Burned:  479

No comments:

Post a Comment