Tuesday, June 19, 2012

DAY THREE OF BIKE TRAINING

Today is my tenth day in a row cycling! I’m on a roll – no pun intended.

This morning’s ride was another county park ride with my lovely wife. Despite the brutal wind that was coming from the northeast at 17 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph, we easily cruised around the park for 23+ miles. Most of those miles were done by riding around the main circular road inside the park. We measured the circular course and, thanks to our Garmin’s, we came up with 2.33 miles. That’s a lot of circling inside the park looking at the same scenery each time around.

Three of the 23 miles was accomplished by riding on sidewalks and inside our gated community – at very slow speeds not exceeding 9 or 10 mph.

This was day three of my wife’s bike training. My marathon wife is doing awesome on the bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment