Sunday, June 17, 2012

SUNDAY INTERMEDIATE RIDE AT EXPERIENCED PACE

I wasn’t even sure if I was going to go outside and play on my bike this morning, but how could I not when the weather was so perfect, notwithstanding a stiff wind from the northeast at 14 to 17 mph? And of all the times for the wind to shift directly into our face, it was the last seven to eight miles of our 31-mile ride.

We had around twelve road cyclists in our semi-disciplined pace line this morning, mostly riders that are capable of faster rides but simply wanted to cool it for the day. Also, the ages of our group was quite diverse, from age 12 to age 89. Hooray and Halleluiah, someone rode in my group that was older than me!

This was another enjoyable ride with the South Broward Wheeler’s, a group of cyclists where even if one person gets stuck at a traffic signal, or caught up in traffic, the entire peloton stops and waits. Stopping and waiting is the only RIGHT thing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment