Monday, June 11, 2012

SBW MONDAY COFFEE SHOPPE RIDE

28 miles/11.7 mph average pace and the ride took more effort than yesterday’s 33 miles/15.1 mph average pace. And why is that?

The first four miles of today’s ride was done at an average pace of 6 mph riding alongside my wife while she ran and walked. The last mile of today’s ride was on sidewalks at a slow speed to enable me to get back home safely while riding solo. I seldom ride on South Florida roads unless I’m with a group, or at least one other biker.

In between the first four miles and the last mile was a lot of stop and go cycling – and a lot of catching up to the others because whenever I (WE) use caution at intersections, etc., which is always, we (Sandy S and I) had to play the game of catch-up.

And play the game we did. With around six miles to go when heading back to the barn, Sandy S and I took a different route, booked it for about five miles, beating the group back to the mall by a good ten minutes or so.

Bottom line; don’t mess with the dynamic duo! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment