Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WEDNESDAY ADVANCED RIDE

This morning’s bike ride was two rides in one.

The first and slower ride, best categorized as a warm-up ride, was 8.5 miles (shopping mall parking area), average pace 8.8 mph, average cadence 42, and average HR 92.

The second and faster ride, a group ride, was 30.0 miles (on roads with traffic), average pace 15.3 mph, average cadence 72, and average HR 132.

The only issue I had with this ride was with the bike’s original saddle, which has no cut-out in the middle. Needless to say, I did a bit of squirming around on that male-hating saddle! A new Selle saddle will soon come to the rescue.

Other than the saddle problem, this ride went better than expected. After all, I’ve just begun riding with the faster group during the weekday rides.

I’m taking note of my heart rate at specific speeds, noticing that as I train harder, my HR is decreasing when in particular speed zones. All of this hard work must be paying off!

No comments:

Post a Comment