Thursday, June 28, 2012

6TH COUNTY PARK TRAINING RIDE

This morning’s bike ride was our 6th county park training ride, and I have to say that it went much better than the first five mostly due to the lack of wind and the fact that my wife is getting in bike shape. We have tropical storm Debby to thank for the past few days of strong winds.

Discounting the ride to and from the park, which accounts for two-miles at a sidewalk pace of 8 mph, our overall park-riding pace was 13 mph. Even at that, much of the park ride is at a slow pace because of the curves, crossroads, etc.

I have nothing but praise for my wife who is making huge strides towards being a good cyclist. Still a marathoner, and still training for those long, grueling events, she continues to endure my bike training. Before long she will be kicking my butt – and bragging about it.

Weather this morning: 80 degrees, wind calm, sky clear. I love, love, love these beautiful sub-tropical days.

(This morning's ride was my 19th day in a row in the bike saddle)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/193618475
http://app.strava.com/activities/11946812

No comments:

Post a Comment