Tuesday, June 26, 2012

COUNTY PARK TRAINING BIKE RIDE NO. 5

My wife and I may not be fast bikers, but we're good looking cyclists. Oh alright, so my wife is good looking and I look like an old mud hen on a sleek looking road bike. Hey, one out of two isn’t too bad.

The wind was brutal this morning. Blowing in from the SSW, Mother Nature’s breath was blowing at us at a steady 24 mph with gusts to 30 mph. I suggested that one way to beat the wind is to put the bikes in reverse whenever heading into it.

This morning was my 17th day in a row in the bike saddle and my wife’s 5th county park training ride. She achieved a personal best (distance) this morning when our Garmin’s indicated total miles of 27.58. I am elated with her progress. She’s pooped out!

Speaking of bike saddles, I give two thumbs up on my new Selle SMP/TRK bike saddle. My man parts, sit bones and prostate are still thanking me for the wise purchase.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention our total elevation gain. The county park has three bridges, all at an incline of 2%. (I know, 2% is wimpy) Anyway, after so many times over those bridges, our total ascent was 463 feet. 

Whoopee…

Ride via Strava and Garmin Connect:

No comments:

Post a Comment